Many people have considered getting a tarot reading at some point in their lives. Some people use it to get an idea of what will happen within the next few days or weeks, and other use it to learn about what’s happening to them at the time, highlighting aspects of their lives that they may not have been funny aware of.
These include things like the influences acting on them, the subconscious and conscious control exerting on their lives and how the factors can manifest into the future. Along with this, many people learn the internal and external blocks they’re currently experiencing, how to act more effectively, and the parts of their lives and personality that they’re neglecting.
The Tarot can give you a fresh perspective on a specific situation or your life in general. You’ll shine new light on any old emotional problems, past and current relationships, and learn how to make more insightful, balanced decisions in the future.
- When you’re feeling stuck in a rut or like you have no direction- the tarot is a great way to suggest any new directions you can explore or look at any unfinished business that may be keeping you where you are in life.
- When you’re starting a new life phase- near your birthday, wedding, new job, or any other significant event. The tarot can help you learn what changes may be coming, the themes that could be more important, and the directions you should explore in this new part of your life.
- When you’re beginning a new project- the tarot is effective at suggesting what resources you have available, things you may have overlooked, factors you need to consider, and opportunities that you should look into.
- If you’re struggling with a certain aspect of your life or a part of yourself and need some more insight, the tarot can help you effectively get a new perspective and learn what you need to address about your attitudes, relationships and different areas of your life.
- When you’re thinking about a major decision- while the tarot reading won’t make the decision for you, it can help highlight the most important issues that you need to consider, suggest factors you may not have considered and help you think about consequences of different directions- allowing you to use your intuition or “gut feeling” to better make a decision. Some people use tarot readings to guide decisions, as they can also help you discover what it is you actually want in life.
A tarot deck has 78 cards, and each has a specific meaning. The cards are shuffled (often you will shuffle the cards), and then the cards are spread out in a particular pattern. Tarot readers will look at the cards that turned up, their placement in the spread, and their positions in relation to each other.